Saturday, January 27, 2024

January Wind

 

Today I finished the little quilt for the back of my living room chair.  It measures 24 inches square and is free motion quilted in snowflakes and swirls.  I drew the snowflakes on with a Frixion marker and then free-handed the swirls in-between.  I took it really slow doing the snowflakes, but got a little fast on the swirls.  For me, it seems easier to make smooth swirls when I move a little faster, but I ended up with some kinda big stitches in places.  I'm still learning free-motion, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Below is a close-up of one of the larger snowflakes.
This little project gives me the idea that if I can draw a motif, then I can probably quilt it.  That's an exciting idea.  The larger the project, the harder it will be quilt, I know that. But taking it slow and steady really works well.  I'm looking forward to trying some new and slightly larger things.

No comments: