Sunday, January 14, 2024

Snowman Snowflake

 

I've had a mini charm pack (2-1/2 inch squares) of Snowman Gathering fabric ever since sometime in 2013.  My original intention for it was to make a purse out of it, but then I mostly stopped carrying a purse, so I decided against it.  I had made a sofa-sized quilt out of that same fabric line and I use it on the back of my couch in January, so I decided to use the mini charm pack to make a small quilt for the back of the chair.  The idea for the design was to be something like a snowflake.  I'm not sure that it reads very snowflake but then again the fabric doesn't read very snowman either.

The quilt top is 24-1/2 inches square.  I'm thinking that I will free-motion quilt it, possibly with a light blue thread.  Not sure if I'll just meander quilt it or try to do something snowflake-like.  We'll see how brave I feel.

No comments: