Saturday, January 13, 2024

Thoughts for 2024

 For a couple of years now I haven't been doing much sewing.  I've made a few things for my grandchildren, but not much beyond that.  This year I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things when it comes to sewing.

At the beginning of the year I had 14 finished quilt tops that need to be quilted.  I hope to work on reducing that number.  In fact, I've already quilted one of them, but it still needs to be bound.  My goal is to finish at least 6 of them.  Mostly I want to quilt them myself, although I am considering sending one of them off to be long-arm quilted.

I also hope to start some new quilts, and I want to try to see them through to the end and not add to my UFO collection.  

I'm also considering trying to sell some quilts and quilted items.  I've generally shied away from that sort of thing, because I don't want to turn it into "work" instead of something I enjoy and I'm not sure of the best way to go about selling things.  However, I also don't like having things just pile up and collect dust.  There is a limit to the amount of quilts that my family members want, and I don't want to force things on them.  Donating quilts works as an outlet for extra things, too, but it would be nice to at least get my money back out of some quilts, if possible.  I don't know if it will happen or not.  I've considered it before and not followed through.  I'm considering both Etsy and local craft shows, but I don't have a lot of faith in my ability to actually sell anything.

No comments: