Saturday, January 13, 2024

Shadow box Bee quilt

 My first finished quilt of the year!  I'm hoping to be a little more productive this year than I have been in the past couple of years.  Ultimately I decided to quilt this one just on one diagonal.  The  quilting was done with a yellow thread that matched the yellow fabric in the top and I didn't want it to cross the gray fabric, so I quilted in the ditch following the diagonal lines in the piecing.  Also it took less effort - less marking and less quilting.  As I mentioned in the previous post, I'm not super thrilled with how this one turned out, so I just wanted it finished.  I actually enjoy the back of the quilt more than the front.  I like the little bee fabric on the back best of all the fabric in the quilt.


I haven't labeled this one, and I probably won't.  When I donate quilts I often don't label them and I'm feeling like this one will end up donated somewhere.  I'm not sure where yet, but that is where my head is at on this one at the moment.

Update: I did not label this one, and I donated it to the Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center on April 24, 2024.

No comments: