Thursday, October 18, 2012
This is a daffodil block that I made for a group project my guild is working on. It measures 9 1/2 inches square (to finish 9 inches square). The pattern is a modification of a block from a Quiltmaker quilt, "Daffodils" from the Mar/Apr 2001 issue. The blocks in that quilt range in size from 6" x 10" to 6" x 14". I had to scale it down, which meant redrafting the foundations to match the new size. I also left out the center applique circle and just made a (proportionally) larger yo-yo. I made the yo-yo the traditional way, not the way described in the pattern instructions.
Thursday, October 04, 2012
I hope it doesn't take me as long to do the rows for other people's quilts as it did for me to do mine. Anyway, it should be fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everybody's rows look like on Tuesday.