Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Study In Scarlet

This is my finished quilt from our guild mystery quilt from 2015.  I decided to name it "A Study in Scarlet" after the first Sherlock Holmes novel.  It seemed appropriate because it was a mystery quilt done in all shades of red (and black, obviously). 

Below is a picture of the label.  It is made from a piece of 2.5 inch strip leftover from making the top.  I thought it would blend better than making it with white or off-white like I normally do.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Peacock Blue Charm Quilt

My latest quilt top, that I finished yesterday.  It is made from two charm packs of Christine (in peacock blue) fabric.  I ended up cutting out two charms from yardage to get the right number of charms in each color to make the pattern that I wanted, so I ended up with 6 unused charms. 

I want to have it quilted in a variegated peacock blue thread that I saw at my quilt shoppe.  The thread is the main reason that I made the quilt.  I saw the thread and decided that I wanted to make a quilt in those colors.  I had to order the fabric online, so I hope that it will actually match the thread.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Falling Charms in Ellie Ann fabric

Today I finished this quilt top. I bought the charm pack back in 2013. Once I actually started working on it, it only took me 2 days to get it together. It uses one charm pack and some jelly roll strips, but not even close to a whole roll. The pattern came from a Missouri Star tutorial, but the original used more charm packs.
Now I need to get the backing fabric ready and send it off to be quilted.