Friday, October 10, 2014

A Bed of Roses

I finally finished the twin bed quilt with the Ellie Ann layer cake.  It's been a pretty long road on this quilt from design to finished product.  Not that it was a hard quilt to make, there were just several design changes, and therefore lots of decisions to make, along the way.  From buying the fabric, to changing away from my original design idea, to arranging the blocks, to finishing the quilt top, to deciding on the backing fabric, it just seemed like the quilt that would never be.

I think it makes a nice quilt for a twin sized bed.  It is 67 x 92 inches.  It was machine quilted in a pantograph of butterflies and flowers by the Front Porch Quilt Shoppe in Ozark.  The binding is the same dark blue fabric as the narrow borders and was hand turned.  I made the label from pieces of the two left-over blocks that didn't get used with this layout.
Hopefully someday I'll have a granddaughter who will want to sleep under it.  If not, I guess it would look nice on the bed it is photographed on, once my son, who currently sleeps there, moves out.  I'm sure he doesn't want to sleep under a floral quilt.  He's happy with the quilt he has already.


No comments: