Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Snowman Gathering quilt top

I finished this quilt top this morning.  I worked on it yesterday, my regular sewing day, and was one seam short of finishing it, so I had to go downstairs and finish it this morning.  I still need to get the backing ready before I can take it down to the quilt shoppe to be quilted.

The pattern was adapted from the "Easy as 10" pattern in the book, Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs: Easy as 1, 2, 3.  The original quilt didn't use the whole charm pack and didn't have the side borders.  I wanted something a bit bigger, so I improvised.  The top is 54 inches by 72-1/2 inches.

I'm planning to have it quilted with an all-over pantograph of snowmen.  I'm not sure yet what color thread.  I'm thinking either cream or variegated blues.  I'll decide when I get down there.

No comments: