Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rail Fence quilt in Ellie Ann fabric

After many, many months of deliberation, the quilt top is finally finished.  It is made from the first layer cake that I ever bought, back in August of last year.  As I mentioned previously, I had a pattern in mind when I bought the layer cake, but once I had it in hand I decided against that pattern.  I went around and around trying to figure out what to do with it.  Back in March I thought I had it figured out, but I decided against that layout, too.  After looking at the picture for a while I decided that I didn't like the dark green in the center of the quilt like that.  So I opted for the diagonal color pattern over the diamond color pattern layout, even though my kids had picked it as their favorite.  Oh well, it's my quilt, I'm the one who has to like it, right?

So, anyway, the finished quilt top measures about 67 inches by 92 inches.  It is shown here on a queen size bed, but it is intended to be used on a twin size bed.  The border is supposed to mimic the rail fence design in the blocks.  It is a little hard to see in the picture because the outer border hangs off of the bed, but you can see it at the bottom if you look for it.  Now to get the backing fabric figured out and off to the quilt shoppe it will go to get long-armed.

No comments: