Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Today's efforts

Today I worked on getting caught up on my monthly blocks.  Since I knew that I was going to be out of town on the day of my October quilt guild meeting, I put off working on the block that was due in October.  I had several quilt tops that I needed to get finished and delivered to the machine quilter before the Nov. 1 deadline so I worked on them instead. 

Today I worked on, but still didn't finish the block that was due in October.  It is the one on the left with the hexagon wreath.  I still need to do the applique.  It is just basted and pinned in place at the moment.  If I machine applique it, I will need to find some matching thread, and if I hand applique it, it will take more time.  Either way, I knew I wasn't going to finish it today.  So I got it to the point of doing the applique and then moved on the block that is due in November.  I got that one finished.  It is, obviously, the star in a star block on the right.

In case you are wondering what would make me be out of town and miss my guild meeting (and my Moda meeting!), it was something that was definitely worth missing them for: a Pearl Jam concert in Memphis, TN!  It was awesome!!


No comments: