Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My June blocks - guild and Moda

Today I worked on my blocks for both of my quilt groups, quilt guild and Moda Friendship. I actually got started relatively early in the day, which was good thing, because if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have finished them today. A strong thunderstorm came up this afternoon so I had to stop sewing a little earlier than usual. When it is stormy I usually don't sew because the dog comes into the sewing room (from outside) and I like to unplug my sewing machine for fear of lightning damage. So here they are, my blocks for this month.


Here is my snowman for quilt guild.  The original pattern was featured in blue and white, I went with red and green to match the blocks I've already made.  The embellishments are just basted in place.  I didn't want to permanently attach them, because I'm probably going to have the quilt long-armed, but I wanted to see how they would look.  The original also had embroidered stick arms, but because my background fabric is pretty busy, I'm thinking I will leave those off.

These are my Moda blocks, two 12-inch blocks and one 6-inch blocks.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I was thinking that I would take a picture of all the blocks I've made so far, but when the storm came up I had to hurry and so I didn't take a picture of all of them.  Maybe next time.

No comments: