Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More Pumpkins!

I'm a little behind on posting these. I actually made them last Tuesday (Jan 8), but have just gotten around to taking pictures of them.  Both of these are 6 inch (finished) blocks for my little pumpkin wall-hanging quilt.
The block above is based on a block I found online at Piece in the Hoop.  I didn't order the pattern.  I just looked at the picture and drafted a foundation piecing pattern from the picture.  I kind of wish I had arranged the fabric a little differently, but I think it will be okay.  If I decide that I don't like it, I will redo it latter.
I came up with the pattern for this little pumpkin on my own.  I was inspired by an appliqued pumpkin block in one of my quilt books (501 Quilt Blocks from Better Homes and Gardens).  I didn't want to do any applique, so I adapted it to a pieced design.  The top strip and the bottom strip are paper pieced, while the center of the block is traditionally pieced.

No comments: