Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Four Corners

One of my oldest friends is going to be a grandmother for the first time, and this quilt is for her soon-to-be-born granddaughter.  I finished the binding about 10 days ago, but I just got the label on it today.  I'm thinking that I might pre-wash it before I give it to them.  All the wrinkles from the folds bother me a bit and pre-washing baby items seems like a good idea, so that new parents have one less thing to worry about.

This quilt is made from a quilt top that I made back in 2020.  It is one of the UFOs that I wanted to get finished this year. The finished quilt is 40 inches square.  I machine quilted it echoing the seam lines around all the concentric squares.  It is a pattern that I designed myself and have used for a little quilt for one of my grandsons, too.

No comments: