Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Vintage Christmas Wallhanging

Here is my finished top for my Vintage Christmas wallhanging.  All the embroidery is done on the blocks that called for it, too.  I think it turned out nice, even though the 6-inch blocks were a real pain to make and keep to size.

As you can see from the picture above, I opted not to make the Twinkle Light border.  It would have required me to make 44 individual 3-inch light bulb units and I just wasn't convinced that I wanted to do that, or that I would even like the result when I was finished.  I think this will work just fine, and was way quicker and easier to finish.  And the border fabric has little starbursts on it, so that's sorta like twinkle lights, right?

No more Lori Holt blocks for me anytime soon, except maybe making the giant train block baby quilt I mentioned earlier.  Her blocks are cute and all, but they just have way too many pieces!

No comments: