Friday, August 23, 2019

Split Stars Wedding Quilt

My oldest step-daughter is getting married in November, so as a wedding gift, I'm making a quilt for her.  She picked out the fabric and the pattern.  The fabric is Something Borrowed by Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake fabrics.  I purchased mine from the Fat Quarter Shop, and I was really happy with the experience.  The fabric shipped and was delivered very quickly (unlike my recent experiences with Missouri Star Quilt Company).  The fabric seemed to be accurately cut and very neatly packaged, so I was pleased all around.

The pattern she chose was called Split Stars from A Bright Corner. The pattern actually features this fabric, so it was really easy for her know what the finished quilt would look like ahead of time.  I've never done a quilt in the featured fabric before, so this was a first for me.  I'm usually not a "paint by number" kind of girl, but it did make the whole process go a little easier, because all of the decisions were made for me ahead of time.  And when I'm making something for someone else, it's nice to not have to make the decisions.  This way I know it's something she will like. 

I dropped the quilt off at the quilt shoppe on Wednesday to be quilted.  Hopefully they will get to it in time for me to get it bound before the wedding.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: