Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Texas Treasure Baby Quilt


Today I finished the quilt top for my forthcoming granddaughter, due in December.  I tried to match the colors and theme that they are using in the nursery.  Below is a picture my daughter sent me of the decorations they have bought so far.  It may not be exact, but hopefully it's close enough.



I designed this quilt based on the Texas Treasure block found in the Better Homes & Gardens 501 Quilt Blocks book.  That's the only place I've been able to find this block, and in the book it is a 4 inch block.  Obviously I enlarged it.  I also added a couple of borders.  The quilt is 38 inches square.  I've actually made a similar quilt top in the past, but the focus fabric had bigger pictures, so it is done in a different scale and doesn't have the outer border.

This quilt doesn't really fit with my goals for this year, because I bought the fabric this year and I had already made a quilt from this design before, but I figure gifts for grandbabies are sufficient reasons to deviate from the program.  Especially since this grandbaby wasn't even conceived yet when I set my goals for the year.

No comments: