Monday, August 11, 2014

Woodstock quilt

I finally finished my July mini project.  I machine quilted it in the ditch along each of the vertical and horizontal rows.  I machine turned the binding as well.  I used a simple straight stitch, nothing decorative this time.  It finished approximately 36 x 38-1/2 inches.

Naming it was somewhat difficult.  When my middle son (now married and moved out) saw it, his reaction was the it looked like "square fish . . . swimming in pee."  He has a very creative mind.  Needless to say, I didn't go with that for a title.  The pattern is called "charm pack stones" and the fabric is called "folklore" so I was looking for something that would fit with one or both of those while still fitting with the feel of the quilt itself.  I finally settled on "Woodstock" because the flowers and vivid colors made me think of the 60s hippie movement.  It also made me think of the song "Woodstock" by Crosby, Stills and Nash, so I decided it was the best choice.

No comments: