Tuesday, August 19, 2014

From Martha to Michelle

I finally finished my jelly roll race quilt.  I've been working on turning the binding for several weeks now during my group sewing time at the library.  I wouldn't be finished with it yet if it weren't for the fact that I took it on my trip to Monticello, FL when we went to visit my grandmother in the nursing home over the weekend.  I didn't finish it on the trip, but I got within 30 minutes of finishing it, so I finished it today.

Because it was made from a "First Ladies" jelly roll, I decided to name it "From Martha to Michelle."  I figured that "first ladies" cover all the first ladies from Martha Washington to Michelle Obama.  I thought of it, it seemed fitting, so I went with it.

It is machine quilted in the ditch along all of the long seams.  I didn't bother with the short seams within the rows.

No comments: