Sunday, April 27, 2014

Squares for Cyndi, with a border

I've been playing around some more with my pattern, and I came up with a few ideas for borders.  This top has a 3 inch (finished size) border around the outside of the last round.  That makes it finish at about 40 inches square.

It is made with My Sunshine fabric from Riley Blake.  Much of it was left over from the jelly roll strips from the coin baby quilts and jelly roll race baby quilt that I made earlier this year.  It took about 21 charm squares along with the left over pieces of strips.  Some of the leftover pieces are smaller than 5 inches long, but that's no big deal, really.

I also have a plan, and the fabric, to make one with a border that will set the original design on point. It will be made from Happy Tones fabric by Michael Miller.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how that works out.  It should finish at about 48 inches square.

No comments: