Saturday, April 05, 2014

March Guild Block - Poinsettia

This is our guild block from March.  It is a pieced poinsettia block with appliqued stems and leaves.  I finished it today.  I did the piecing a couple weeks ago, but I just couldn't make myself do the applique.  I don't enjoy doing applique and I had several other projects that I wanted get finished first, as well. 

I did the applique with a machine blanket stitch.  As far as I can remember, I've never machine appliqued before.  I might have done some in high school for home ec. class, but I don't really remember doing any.  I think it turned out pretty good for a first effort.  There are a few stray stitches on the first leaf that I appliqued, because I was just getting accustomed to how the stitch worked, but all in all I think it looks nice.  But I'm also very glad that it is all finished.  However, I've already been told that this month's block will be applique as well. . .

No comments: