Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mom's Apple Pie block

 I finally decided that the best representation of food and home was Mom's apple pie, not that my actually mom made apple pie, but you know.  I adapted the pie slice from a pattern in the July 2004 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts called "Pie in the Sky".  I set the slice down flat and put it on a plate to match the tea cup.  The tea cup (or coffee cup, whichever you please) came from "Java Jitters" published in the May/June 2002 issue of Quiltmaker.  The fabric across the bottom is supposed to be a table cloth.
 Here is the finished row.  The three blocks are set together with 1.25 inch strips in between them.
Here is the row at the bottom of all the other rows for this quilt so far.  I think it fits in pretty well with the others.

No comments: