Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fabric Fortune Cookie

Here is the cute little fortune cookie I made the other day after accidentally coming across this easy tutorial over at Mollie Makes.  I was actually doing a Google image search for food related quilt blocks for my "There No Place Like Home" row swap quilt when I saw a picture of an adorable fabric fortune cookie.  Since I just happened to have some felt on hand, I felt compelled to go down to my sewing room and give it try.  In a matter of minutes I had this little beauty made.  What took the longest time in the whole process was finding something to trace around to make a 5 inch circle.  I ended up using a large can of canned chicken I had in the pantry.  For the fortune inside the cookie I wrote "You will smile while reading this".  I smile just seeing it.  So much fun!

No comments: