Thursday, January 30, 2020

Block #1 - 20 Years of Kansas Trouble Quilting

This year the quilting group that meets at the Front Porch Quilt Shoppe in Ozark is doing the 20 Years of Kansas Trouble Quilting quilt.  I'm using Kansas Trouble fabrics for my blocks, but I'm not using the featured fabrics.  In fact, I'm using Bella Solid "Hay" for my background and sashing, which is a much darker fabric than what is featured in the directions, but I thought I wanted something that was a bit darker and richer than the cream.  The darkness and richness of the fabrics is what I really like about Kansas Trouble fabrics, so I wanted to really embrace that in my quilt.

The pattern has some mistakes in it, but luckily they have posted some corrections on the KT Quilting website, so that is nice.  I didn't have the corrections yet when I was sewing these blocks and it was triggering my anxiety a little bit.  Hopefully that will ease off as I go.

No comments: