Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Guild Mystery Quilt - Sisters Ten Sampler quilt

Here is my mystery quilt top all put together by the instructions we were given.  It is the Sisters Ten Sampler quilt.  I actually knew what it was going to look like from the beginning, and I thought I would be okay with it, but it turns out that I really don't like it now that it's done.  It looks fine in pictures, but in person there is too much blank space for a quilt of this size.  When you lay it on a bed, almost all the piecing hangs off the edges or would be under the pillows.

As you can see in this picture, the blocks on the top row would be under the pillows, and the cat almost covers the ones that would be visible on top of the bed in that section.  The angle of the camera doesn't show much of the blocks at the bottom, but again it would just be three with the others hanging off.  It leaves A LOT of blank space on the top of the bed.  Not really my idea of a successful quilt design.

My plan is to show it to the group "as is" and then reuse the blocks in a different configuration for my final quilt.  I really hate the idea of spending almost a whole year on a quilt that I'm then not happy with and have no use for.


No comments: