Thursday, November 29, 2018

Charitable Giving

This year at Christmas my church is collecting gifts for the Salvation Army.  One of the requested items was blankets, so I decided that I would make a quick and easy quilt.  Here is a picture of the finished top.  It is made completely from my stash.  I liked the idea of using 6 inch (finished) orphan blocks mixed in with print fabric squares.  I didn't have any orphan blocks that matched the color scheme I was going with, so I made a few simple blocks to jazz it up a little bit.  The top is 42-1/2 x 54-1/2 inches.

I plan to machine quilt it myself on my home sewing machine using diagonal line edge to edge quilting.  That way there won't be any threads to bury, unless I run out of bobbin mid-seam!  I'm also planning to machine stitch the binding, which I don't usually do, but there is limited time to get it finished, so I figure that's the safest option at this point.

No comments: