Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2015 guild quilt

I just realized that I never posted my finished quilt top from our guild project this year.  (I finished it back in September, I think.)  It was a jelly roll mystery quilt that one of our members found at Carter Quilter.  The project could be done in any of three sizes, but I decided to go with the smallest of the three.  It only required 23 jelly roll strips, so I bought a package of strips that only had 24 strips in it, and was all color coordinated, as you can see.  I used solid black for my background fabric.

The top is all finished and it is ready to be taken down to the quilter.  I am hoping to have it quilted in "Glowing Embers" King Tut thread.  It is variegated red and black with seems like it would be just perfect for this quilt top.  I haven't decided yet what pattern I want it quilted in.  I know she has a pattern that is flames, which seems fitting, but I'm not quite sure I want to go that route.  I know I don't want anything floral.  I guess I'll just have to see when I get down there.

No comments: