Sunday, November 15, 2015

Last Two Moda blocks for 2015

These are the last two blocks we had to do for our Moda group quilt this year.  The one on the left is "dove in the window"  and the one on the right is an Art blocks.  The center of the Art block was supposed to be just solid background fabric, but some of the fabric I was using had small panels, set on point, which seemed perfect for the block.  I sorta looks like applique, which makes it a little different from the other blocks, but that's okay with me.

Now I need to figure out how I am going to lay out the top.  I'm sure I won't get it together before our final meeting on Wednesday, but I'm glad that I at least got the blocks finished.  I'm thinking that I will sash blocks with the background fabric, if I have enough of it, and put colored corner stones in between.  I'm considering using what is left of the fabric to make a pieced border.  I'm not sure yet because I'm not sure how much fabric I have or how much it would take to make it.

No comments: