Saturday, January 10, 2015

January Friends

The pattern was adapted from the "Easy as 10" pattern in the book, Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs: Easy as 1, 2, 3.  The original quilt didn't use the whole charm pack and didn't have the side borders.  I wanted something a bit bigger, so I improvised.  The top is 54 inches by 72-1/2 inches. - See more at: http://the-creative-side-of-me.blogspot.com/search/label/work%20in%20progress#sthash.jF5S0EoV.dpuf
I finished the binding on this quilt on the way back home from New Jersey after Christmas. The pattern was adapted from the "Easy as 10" pattern in the book, Simple Quilts from Me and My Sister Designs: Easy as 1, 2, 3. The original quilt didn't use the whole charm pack and didn't have the side borders. I wanted something a bit bigger, so I improvised. The finished size is 54 inches by 72-1/2 inches.

The quilting design is "snow bunnies" done with shades of gray thread.  I thought it was a little plain with so much white, so I wanted the quilting to really show up and add some color and interest to the negative space in the design.

No comments: