Thursday, December 13, 2012

Country Harvest Pillow

Today is my mother's birthday and I decided to make a quilted pillow for her. The print fabric in the corners is called country harvest, thus the name. I bought the fabric several years ago and absolutely loved it. I actually made the block shortly after I bought the fabric, but I couldn't decide how to quilt it. I got it back out the other day and decided to finish it as a pillow for my mom.

Below is the quilted pillow top.
The quilting actually shows up much better on the backside.
Here is a close up of the quilting.
Here is the finished pillow.

I really enjoyed doing the quilting.  I'd have to look back to see exactly when I last did any hand quilting, but I know it has been quite a while.  My best guess is that it was my last Project Linus quilt, which was probably close to a year ago.  Now I kind of want to do some whole cloth quilting.  I'm sure it, too, would be something small, like a pillow or wall hanging.  We'll see.

No comments: