Monday, March 09, 2009

My 2009 Project Linus quilt

I always intend to make a quilt for Project Linus every year. I did good for a while, but then I started back to graduate school and got out of the habit. It was not unusual for me to START a quilt for Project Linus, but I seldom actually finished them. But now I am finished with graduate school and getting settled into a teaching routine, so I have more time. Plus, I've moved into a new house where I have an actual sewing room so I have more space as well. So here is this year's Project Linus quilt - completely finished and ready to deliver.

The material was left over from the last baby quilt that I made (featured in the previous post), but this one is pieced in a different design. Because the messages on the novelty print were so cut up on the last quilt, I wanted to have a larger panel of the material featured in this quilt, so I designed this pattern to showcase the center fabric. This way you can read all of the wonderful messages. I think the design would work well with any large scale novelty print and you could alter it to use different 6 inch blocks for the inner border if it seemed more suited to the fabric design.

This quilt is machine pieced and hand quilted and measures 42 inches by 48 inches.


Aunt Spicy said...

What a beautiful, bright, cheery quilt! I am sure who ever receives it will love it!

Visiting from the Spring Bloom Mini Quilt Swap!

Jan said...

Thanks! I sure hope so.