Thursday, May 02, 2024

Big Hug

 

I finally finished this quilt that has been a finished quilt top since April of 2019.  I think that makes it my 3rd finished quilt from my UFO collection.  I decided to machine quilt it in a cross-hatch of diagonal lines using a pale pink thread.  The binding is attached by machine to the front and then hand-stitched to the back.  The quilt finished at 49 inches square.  I feel pretty good about how it turned out.

I decided to name it "Big Hug" because the outstretched arms on the doll make her look like she's asking to be hugged.  Or maybe she is offering a hug to the person who ends up with the quilt.  Either way, I like the name. 

My plan for this quilt is to try to sell it.  There is a small craft show near here in the fall and I plan to look into getting a booth there.  If I can't get a booth, or if it just doesn't sell there, then I plan to offer it for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments: