Monday, March 25, 2024

Rainbow Journal

 

My oldest granddaughter will turn 7 in a little less than a month, and I've decided to make her some rainbow themed birthday presents this year.  The first is this rainbow journal.  It has bold rainbow colored pages, and rainbow themed end-pages.  I'm planning to buy some gel pens and stickers to go with it.



The journal is made with 4 sheets each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple copy paper (24# weight) sewn together into one signature per color.  The end pages are cut from scrap-booking paper that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  The book board is cereal box cardboard pieces, two thicknesses glued together.  The book cloth is left-over quilting fabric with tissue paper adhered to it with heat-n-bond.  

I think it turned out pretty nice, but I'm still nervous about the whole process - especially gluing the text block and cover together.

No comments: