Thursday, September 22, 2022

Adventure Friends

 

I finished this quilt for my grandson Gus a few days ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it. I decided to name it Adventure Friends because the figures on all the different fabric could be companions on imaginary adventures.  In fact, I decided to get him stuffed animals that are represented in each of the fabrics, too.  He's still a little small for imaginary adventures with stuffed animal friends, but maybe it will be fun for him as he grows.

I decided on a straight-line quilting motif that echos the concentric squares of the quilt design.  It was really easy to quilt using the seam lines as guides, sewing about 1/4 inch from each seam on each side.  It made for several threads to bury in the end, but it wasn't bad at all.  The quilt finishes 40 inches square.

Below is a picture of the quilt with the stuffed animals on each corner - a parrot, a monster, a whale, and a dinosaur.  I hope he enjoys it.



No comments: