Saturday, May 16, 2020

Lap Protector Mini-quilt

The weather get pretty warm here in south Alabama, even with the air conditioner running.  In fact, we set our air conditioner at 78 degrees during the day and it still has trouble keeping the house at that temperature sometimes.  So it would seem like quilts in the summertime would be unnecessary...but, we have 2 cats and I like to wear shorts.  That combination usually ends with me having scratches on my legs unless there is a quilt between me and the cats' claws.  Enter the bright idea to make a small lap-only quilt to protect the skin on the tops of my thighs.  This way I get minimal warmth, but maximum claw protection!

This little quilt is made from leftover 2-1/2 inch strips of batik fabric.  It consists of nine 8-inch blocks sewn together into a 24 inch square finished quilt. I free-motion quilted it, on my home sewing machine, in an all-over wave pattern.

Full disclosure: This post is back-dated to reflect when the work was done, not when I actually posted it.

No comments: