Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Baby Boy Quilt finished


This one I quilted myself.  It is done in diagonal lines through the darker patches of the four-patch blocks.  I originally started marking it on the diagonal through all the blocks of the four-patch, but I decided that was too much quilting for a baby quilt.  I like to keep them soft. 

It is also machine bound, which I don't normally do.  I attached the binding strips to the back instead of the front and turned it toward the front.  I did a zigzag stitch on the top to hold the binding in place.  It's not my preferred way of binding a quilt and not my favorite aesthetic either, but I don't hate it, so that's something.

Again, I finished this quilt last month (just 10 days from when I started it), and I'm just now getting around to posting about it.  This year has been very hectic - two trips to Washington State, one trip to New Jersey, several trips to Dothan for doctor visits, my son's graduation in Tuscaloosa, and most recently my husband's surgery last week.  I hope that the second half of the year is less eventful!

No comments: