Thursday, August 23, 2018

HST Around the World in Tea House Plum

Today I finished the top for my Half Square Triangles Around the World quilt. It is a pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company that I got from the Summer volume of Block Magazine.  I really don't like it as much as the one pictured in the pattern.  The fabric that I used was just a bit busier than what they used in the one pictured, and the busyness bothers me some.  I made the quilt symmetrical to try to minimize the busyness, but it only went so far.  Also, I wish the border stood out more.  Again, it's because of the busyness that it blends in as much as it does.

I was using a layer cake and yardage that I bought 4 years ago, so I just used what I had.  I guess I could look for a different fabric for the border, but at this point I think I'm just going to call it done and have it quilted.  I imagine it will be a quilt that I will use for snuggling more that for decoration, so it's all good.

Afterthought: I might look for a less busy fabric to add to it for a second border.  That might calm it down a little bit. 

No comments: