Monday, May 30, 2016

Blessed are the Peacemakers


This is my finished quilt from the 2015 Moda class at the Front Porch Quilt Shoppe.  I decided to name it "Blessed are the Peacemakers" (from the Biblical Sermon on the Mount/Be-attitudes), because the book that the pattern came from was called Vintage Quilt Revival and the fabric line I used was called "Piecemakers."  Revival made me think of the week-long special church services from the church of my youth, and piecemakers, of course, made me think of its homophone, peacemakers, and voila, we have the name.

Below is a picture of the label I made for the quilt.  I used a leftover scrap of the background fabric for the main part of the label.  Even though it has a small pattern to it, I thought it would work out fine, and I think it did.


No comments: