Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Getting Ready for February


February is my month to present the blocks for our current quilt guild project.  This year (and into next year) we are doing blocks from Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt.  I chose the Butter Churn block (top) and the Milking Day block (bottom).  I did mine in the 12-inch size.  I would not have wanted to do the milking day block in the 6-inch size, simply because of the pieces that make up the handles on the sides of the milking can.  The little "flippy corner" piece is cut at 3/4 inch square for the 6-inch block.  That is quite small. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the blocks, because I'm not planning to make the guild project quilt this time.  I tried to come up with a pattern to use multiples of just these two blocks, since I have to cut extras to show how the block is put together, but I couldn't come up with one that I liked.  Below are pictures of the blocks with the extra pieces to use in the demonstration.

The Milking Day blocks are identical to each other, but the Butter Churn blocks use different fabrics.

No comments: