Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Boy baby quilt

As I've mentioned before, my guild makes baby quilts for the church where we used to meet.  They requested a baby quilt for a boy and I volunteered to make one.  This is the resulting quilt top.  It is made with half of a layer cake (21 - 10 inch squares).  The layer cake is called Ten Little Things. 

The pattern is one I made up for a previous quilt (that one used almost the whole layer cake).  After making that one, which was a trial and error experience, I decided to adjust the pattern to use all of the layer cake pieces, by adding a pieced border.  Then I decided it would make a quick and easy baby quilt if I used only half of the layer cake squares.  And thus, this quilt top was born.  Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it.  There isn't time to have it quilted, so I've got to come up with something I can do myself.

No comments: