Thursday, November 06, 2014

Turkey Applique

The project that I'm currently working on is a charm quilt with a turkey applique as its focal point.  I got the idea from the Big Charm Star Quilt tutorial over at Missouri Star Quilt Company.  In the tutorial she mentions that it would be great quilt to showcase any large block.  My son suggested that we needed a Thanksgiving quilt, so I thought that a charm quilt with a giant appliqued turkey would be just the thing to do.

I drafted the turkey applique myself, and I think it turned out pretty nice.  The appliqued block will finish 22-1/2 inches.  It is then surrounded by charm squares.  It takes two charm packs.  I'm using Allure by Sanae from Moda.  I thought the colors were nice and fall-like.  Plus some of the fabric made me think of turkey tails.



No comments: