Wednesday, February 05, 2014

January blocks in a wall hanging

I was playing around with the Moda blocks that we got directions for in January (see previous post) and I came up with a design using just those three blocks.  I really liked the design, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  I considered using 12-inch blocks and making a baby quilt out of it.  I considered using 3-inch blocks and just making a 9-inch block out of it that I would then use as part of a larger quilt. 

However, after looking around at the fabric at the quilt shop, I finally decided on some cute Valentine fabric from Basic Grey by Moda (Kissing Booth, I think).  I thought it would work best as a small wall-hanging.  I used 6-inch blocks and then put a 1-inch strip of border around the outside.

I'm hoping to get it quilted and bound before Valentine's Day, so that I can hang it up this year.  I really need to plan these things further in advance.

No comments: