Saturday, February 04, 2012

Snowmen on Parade


This is my most recent project. I finished it last night. My husband actually suggested the name, "Snowmen on Parade". When I was describing it to him, I said that it wasn't really made of blocks, it was just strips of snowman fabric. Then he said, "oh, so it just snowmen on parade." I thought that would be a cute name for it, so I went with it.

The quilt is machine pieced and hand quilted in simple straight lines. The batting is a high loft batting, so the quilting is kind of far apart, but within the manufacturers recommendations (between 2" and 4"). The finished size is 36 x 42.5 inches.

I made it to donate to Project Linus for make a blanket day. I need to get it in the mail on Monday. Although it doesn't really matter too much on the timing. Project Linus accepts blankets year round, if I'm not mistaken.

No comments: