Thursday, December 31, 2020

Autumn Breeze Quilt

 

I have been amazingly unproductive for the past several months.  At the beginning of the pandemic I was trying to work on some projects that I already had all the materials for, but I really lost the will to sew during the summer.  I do have a quilt top in progress at the moment, but haven't worked on it in a couple of months.  It's been a rough year for me, like it has for everyone else.  As it turns out, sewing just wasn't my coping mechanism, like it was for some people, and that's okay.

I did manage to finish the binding on this lovely throw quilt.  I had really thought I'd get it finished in time for the fall season, but that was not meant to be.  Our fall was quite hectic, with many long car trips, which would have been conducive to working on binding in the past, but I do more of the driving now than I used to, so I'm less inclined toward sewing in the car.  When I'm not behind the wheel I'm mostly trying to rest.  I'm glad that I was at least able to get it finished before the end of the year.

No comments: