Sunday, July 14, 2024

A new toy

 

This is me with my new Moxie long-arm quilter.  I've actually had it for a couple weeks now, but this was taken the day they came and set it up (Fri., June 28).  I've quilted a few practice things so far that I'll picture below.  It's a learning curve and I definitely don't expect to be a master at it right away.  I've also had some issues that seem to be a problem with the machine itself, but I suppose it could be user error.  My thread keeps breaking and the thread keeps getting tangled in the bobbin area.  It also runs a bit rough at times.  Someone from the shop is coming out on Monday to check it out.  

This is the practice panel that came with the machine.  The little colorful pieces on the side are for testing my tension.  They had some quilting suggestions - the e and l shapes, the meanders with hearts and stars, and curved lines.  The rest were things I tried based on YouTube tutorials I've watched.


This is a fat quarter that I decided to quilt for practice.  It's hard to tell much about the quilting from the picture, but there is a continuous feather motif around the outside and flowers and loops on the inside.

I guess I no longer have any excuse for not finishing my UFOs.
 

No comments: