Friday, May 17, 2024

O Holy Night

 

 

This little wall hanging is the latest of my UFOs.  The quilt top was finished so long ago that I don't actually have a record of when I made it.  I know that it is over 16 years old.  It may be closer to 20 years old.  I designed it and made the quilt top, but couldn't figure out how I wanted to quilt it.  This was back when I was still hand quilting everything and some spots where multiple seams come together are very thick.  I put it aside and never came back to it.  I decided to go ahead and tackle it now, because it was the smallest of the UFOs.

My husband suggested the swirl quilting pattern.  I remembered that I had a swirl quilting template for free-motion quilting, so I used it.  There are a few places where the quilting foot didn't want to go over the thick spots, so the pattern isn't completely fluid, but overall I think it turned out pretty well.  I used the same gold colored thread that I used on the patriotic lap quilt.  The binding is attached by machine and hand turned.  The little quilt finished at about 19 inches x 25 inches.

No comments: