Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Sisters Ten Star Quilt

I finished my re-imagined Sisters Ten Sampler quilt top.  Once I saw the finished quilt tops of my fellow guild mates, I realized that I liked the 9-inch square version better than the 12-inch square version.  I also liked the quilts that had a dark background fabric better than the ones with a light background fabric.  And finally, I liked the background to have a slight pattern in it instead of being a total solid.

I saw this black constellation fabric at the quilt shop and thought it would make a great background for this type of quilt.  It gave me the idea of making all the squares be star blocks instead of using the blocks in the original pattern.  The only block that I reused from the original pattern was the Ohio Star block.  I'm really much happier with how this one turned out, at least at this stage in the process.  Hopefully I'll like my original quilt better once it is quilted.

No comments: